So...this used to be an annual thing...if I'm going to start blogging again maybe I should start with a tradition?
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I'll have to get back to you on that one...
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make New Year's resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few friends had babies
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just this one
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Our own home
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No specific date...lots of big stuff happened and most of it happened over time not in just one day
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
No failures...not that I would call failures anyway
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the standard colds and other assorted viruses
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New duvet covers for our bed and for J's
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who voted
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
dare I say it? Donald Trump
14. Where did most of your money go?
into our car
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Some new babies, some new jobs
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Roar...Saturday morning dance parties were one song wonders!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
about the same, about the same, always richer...
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
playing with the girls
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
battling the world...but it had to be done
20. How did you spend Christmas?
quietly with les parents, teamhardcore, Alex and our girls
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
All the Light We Cannot See
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
J...or small pianist and singer
26. What did you want and get?
An awesome job opportunity
27. What did you want and not get?
Our own home
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a BBQ with some friends and my family...including both of my sister, Oncle Jado and my great-aunt and uncle. I'm just old enough
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Concept? Needs help!
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
This federal election
35. Who did you miss?
A number of people who are far away and/or in Vancouver
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Some parents of J's friends
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Just keep breathing
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Change magic carpet ride to roller coaster ride:
I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride