Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bye-bye books

So, the bookcases are in. Most of the books are out of their boxes. And we decided it's time to get rid of some books. Yeah, how to choose. I love my books. And I'm definitely still on a book diet. As I unpacked, I was surprised at how many books I hadn't read. And I'm not just talking about Alex's sports/radio/music biographies. I'm talking about my books.

Book diet is still in full force, but it was time to weed out the books.

So, I packed up a couple of boxes of kid lit - like Anne of Green Gables and Rupert Annuals and that kind of thing - for when Baby J is bit older and into "chapter books." I also made a pile of books that belong to other people...I have a huge stack from my parents' house and not quite so huge stack of books that belong to my aunt. I wonder if they'll even notice that the books were on vacation at my house!

Getting rid of books, though, that is the hard part. I think it will take some time to really weed the books out. I'd like to only keep books that I will reread or I haven't read, but I'm just not sure about some of them...

The books that are leaving and need a home are:
Where's Mom Now That I Need Her - (cookbook/general home care)
Middlemarch - George Eliot
At Swim, Two Boys - Jamie O'Neill
Insomnia - Stephen King
Jessica - Bryce Courtenay

Let me know if anything catches your eye. They're in our thrift shop box and are up for grabs until the box is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment