Thursday, January 31, 2008

Saying Adieu

It was harder than I thought.

A lot harder.

Alex and I met at the house last night to do one final sweep through - we made sure everything was gone, vacuumed one last time, mopped the floors and cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom.

And it was hard to leave. Like saying good bye to a family member or friend who you know you won't see for a very long time, or possibly ever.

But the sun came out today, so that must mean that this is a good new beginning.

So goodbye Blue House and your ghosts...like those far away friends, we have happy memories of the Blue House...thank goodness for that!

2 comments:

  1. It is very hard - saying goodbye to a great place. I got lucky because I really like the girl who's moving into my place so that makes it much easier. And also I'm sure it is hard because you guys weren't ready to leave. Poo. Well cheers to the Blue House!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right - not being ready to leave is probably what is making it so hard...and not *loving* our new place too.

    ReplyDelete