Saturday, March 29, 2008

Headstanding swimming acrobat

Ooooooh...maybe we're having a synchronized swimmer!

Alex and I went for the first ultrasound a couple of weeks ago to confirm that the baby is arriving sometime around when we think it is (it is) and to see how many babies are living inside me (one, just one! Alex did a little dance. I probably would have to except I was stuck on the table).

After a few scary sounds from the technician - which were because part of the baby was trying to hide, not because there was something wrong - we got to see our little cub, standing on its head, kicking its arms and legs like mad. And we got to see the heartbeat. We're not sure if we really have a synchronized swimmer or if the cub was just mad at the technician for poking it and squishing its home!

After seeing the baby on the ultrasound, it's amazing how much more real this all seems!

Oh, and according to the radiology report, we're not having a baby, we have a single live intrauterine gestation living in me. Maybe that's an idea for a name!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! I must of missed when you made your annoucement! That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete