Friday, December 01, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood

Ain't it pretty today?!?!

it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhoodWell, now that we've successfully managed to track down all the members of my immediate family and Alex's immediate family, I'm allowed to post the following pictures.

This is how Alex and I spent the morning...

how we spent our morningBecause this is what I'm wearing now....

engaged!Here's a close up, because I know SOMEONE will ask.

the ringAnd, because you've been asking, here's what happened.

Yesterday I had to go up to my employer's k-town location. It was gross out. The snow was starting to melt. When I got the airport and put my bag through the x-ray machine, my phone rang. (The x-ray machine people at the airport LOVE me, because this happens all the time). It was my Dad, checking to see if I made it to the airport and if my flight was delayed. I made it. The flight was only delayed by about 15 minutes. Seems as soon as he hung up the phone with me, Alex called to ask my Mom and my Dad if it was okay to ask me to marry him.

I met my Mom at the airport after my meeting and we sat and had coffee for an entire hour and she didn't even blink. YAY MOM!

This morning I realized that I didn't have a bus pass for this month so while we were having breakfast I asked Alex for a bus ticket so I wouldn't be late for work. He insisted on getting it for me even though I insisted that I didn't need a bus ticket to eat my breakfast. Off he went and I just shook my head. SILLY SHANNON!

Alex came back with the bus ticket and then all of a sudden he got down on one knee, showed me the ring and said will you marry me...

I said YES...of course...

So my plan to not be late to work was foiled and now I've got no focus, but it's Friday and I'm taking next week off, so it's OKAY!

That's all...

5 comments:

  1. I know I've already said it a buncha times this morning but CONGRATULATIONS you fabulously lovely people you.

    I'd wish you all the happiness in the world but it seems you've already got that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to pop in and reiterate my own congrats to you both!! hell of a surprise phone call bro, but i couldn't be happier for you both.....i might know a guy for a discount on music!!

    Steve L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PARTY! Congratulations to both of you. Funny how the Pax Lodge girls are in that stage of life, all of a sudden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the exciting morning phone call ;) Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete