Saturday, April 05, 2008

Is this goodbye?

Alex and I went out tonight to a place where they had tvs that actually picked up CBC without me to stand on on leg with my left hand on top of my head and my tongue out and Alex standing on his head, holding the cable cord in his hand.

We had to see the Canuck's last game of the season, even though it meant nothing, because, well, it could be Trevor Linden's last game.

trevor linden posterThe poster that graced my bedroom wall through high school...it even went to boarding school with me.

Number 16 has been my favourite Canuck EVER! And it looks like (although nothing is official) that tonight was his last game and he's retiring. At the beginning of the second period, he got a standing ovation from the crowd before the puck dropped and as the camera panned around the rink, the Canucks bench was standing banging their sticks and even the Calgary Flames had stood up and were doing the same. The game ended with lots of applause, the crowd chanting "Trevor, Trevor" over and over, a mob of hugs from his team and handshakes with the Flames (although Alex and I both noticed Mike Keenan was not in that line up). And even though the Canucks lost 7-1, Trevor Linden was the game's #1 star.


Yeah, a fitting goodbye for Captain Canuck...I hoped that when he retired, his final skate around the ice would have him holding that big silver cup, but if this is it, well, he got the send off he deserved.

You can see it on YouTube (especially for those in Australia!).



(click the link if it doesn't work)

(p.s. I've got my fingers crossed that this isn't really goodbye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment