Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Unwelcome, uninvited visitors

You know the kind, like the fabled Great-Aunt Gertrude or whatever old great-aunt lives in your family's closet. The lady who has to be three hundred years old, smells like powder, wet cabbage and stinky cats who arrived unannounced on your doorstep with her carpet bag. She hogs the best bed in the house, she complains about everyone, she insults the kids, the food is too rich, not rich enough, too salty, not salty enough, there's too much of it or not enough of it...you get my drift. And she overstays her welcome. Whether she stays for one hour or one month, it's far too long!

Yeah, so our unwelcome, uninvited visitor reappeared twice last night. I kind of scared it when I yelled really loud the second time I saw it...I was kind of hoping it was a figment of my tired imagination when I saw it the first time. I hope when we move, it doesn't move with us.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment