Thursday, September 04, 2008

The bubble

I feel a bit like part of August is missing...and I'm not sure what happened to it, even though I know exactly where I was, what I was doing and why it feels that way! I was admitted to the hospital on Sunday night and spent six nights there. It was a weird kind of limbo space. I was in the same room for the whole thing, but depending on the room's purpose - waiting, resting, labouring, delivering (or at least attempting to), recovering, visiting, nursing etc - it felt like I was in a different space. There were a bunch of different lights that were on or off depending on what was happening and that made the room feel different too.

The biggest, strangest part is the feeling of missing days in time...I was busy and preoccupied while I was in the hospital, but it doesn't feel like it can possibly be September yet, because not all of August happened...I wonder if this is how I'm going to feel for the next 18+ years!

It's all good though. We're happy to have Baby J here and it's okay that she was early...now I just need to adjust to the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment