Saturday, September 13, 2008

When you have a few minutes...

This afternoon I found myself with a half hour or so of time *TO MYSELF*! Alex and Baby J were sleeping and my parents had gone out. Not knowing how long this "free" time might last (it's growth spurt time over here which means we're feeding every, oh 1.5 hours to every 4 hours), I had to limit myself to "short" or easily abandonable (yes, in my sleep deprived state, I just made up my own word) tasks.

I figure I could have
  • read a bit of a book or magazine
  • taken a shower
  • given myself a quick pedicure (yay, no more cankles!)
  • caught up on some email
  • returned a phone call or two
  • labelled some pictures destined for the post office
  • written some announcements/thank you cards
  • had a cat nap
There are other options too...but what did I end up doing? Ummmm, tidying up (yay!), taking a nap and updating my blog...oh priorities! I guess I did okay - some stuff for me, some stuff for the house, some stuff for the well-being of me and everyone around me (yup, that would be the nap!)

And now, a hungry little lady demands my attention...

Until the next "free time"!

No comments:

Post a Comment