Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The lungs, how they work!

Baby J and I went out to run some errands today. When we do that, we leave as soon as she's done eating, because then she's full and dry for as long as possible...so, of course, it didn't last long today.

We made it to our first stop with no problem. We made it to the second stop, a diaper pick up, no problem, but as soon as I had the diapers in my hands, the wailing started. I took Baby J out and carried her...and decided maybe she was a bit warm as it was warmer out today than I thought.

I removed a layer and got her back in the stroller with the diapers and decided we needed to go home, NOW. Sure enough, Baby J agreed with me. She wailed and screamed all the way home. She even scared some pigeons and crows half a block away. We stopped at a park bench and I tried to nurse her, but even that wasn't successful...Baby J just wanted to scream.

We got back to our place, spoke briefly to our neighbour, and rushed to get through the front door so that I could nurse her properly.

And Baby J promptly fell asleep.

But, her lungs work, just in case anyone was wondering!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I SO remember this.
    You're pretty much at the 6 week mark, right?

    That's the "Where did my sweet child go and where did this cranky thing come from?" week.

    For some reason, they say 6 weeks is the peak of fussiness. It usually settles quickly.

    I'll think happy thoughts for you :)

    -Tanya

    ReplyDelete