Friday, May 01, 2009

Delayed mail

Back in October of 2001 I picked this card up for Fiona at the Louvre. I fully intended on sending it before I came back to Canada in January of 2002, but my good intentions were thwarted by something...likely the vast number of other postcards I bought to send to Fiona that she may or may not have received.

f
Yes, yes I do have a pile of postcards from other places that never got written on or sent to their intended recipients.

Since we no longer live in the ginormous Blue House and no longer have the lovely basement with all its storage, I've been trying to declutter. And some days I'm good at it and others, well, I suck. My criteria has been to keep only necessary things or things I love or will use. Which means I get to keep the two drawers plus random piles of stationery and writing utensils because I WILL USE THEM.

drawer 1
drawer 2
So if your mailbox suddenly starts getting surprises from me, that's the motivation...that letter I've been promising for two years is finally going to get written...

Anyway, back to the postcard. In the last 18 months I've come across it a number of times....and I remember finding it in the Hobbit Hole more than once...and possibly even in the Blue House...but it was sent on Monday, so Fiona should have it by today, so this shouldn't be spoiling any surprises.

And because my brain is no longer functioning as it should (I blame it on having a baby!) I forgot that today is also Fiona's birthday....so happy birthday to my super wonderful friend! Look...you got a pseudo-birthday card on time-ish from me for the first time since, oh, elementary school?

2 comments:

  1. cool! I love it! I look forward to getting it in the mail today ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did it arrive? I figured you'd get it before today if I mailed it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete