Friday, May 21, 2010

Still shaking

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

(written yesterday)

So, if anyone ever tries to tell you that yoga is just for stretching and relaxing and isn’t a “real” work out, well, they’ve never had either of my yoga instructors.

Yoga finished almost two hours ago and my legs are still shaking.

I’m exhausted today. I haven’t been this tired at work since I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. I even had a quick cat nap before yoga. I know the exhaustion is mostly caused by someone (that would be me) not eating very well this week and a drastic change in our daily routine that has me going to work an hour earlier in the morning. Need to work on the eating well thing – because, yoga kicked my butt today.

Yes, my legs are still shaking. And while it’s partly to do with a more intense workout (for the third time in the last two weeks, someone fell asleep during savasana, so it’s not just me, plus I could see the grimaces on other people’s faces) I know it’s a lot to do with what I did or didn’t eat in the last few days. So today I’ve been concentrating on more water and more vegetables and fruit and avoiding what’s on the avoid list of the crazy diet. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have more energy.

(Oh yeah, having a teething toddler doesn’t help the rested feeling much either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment