Friday, December 02, 2011

Opening the mailbox

This is part of the Christmas Memory Challenge series, the brainchild of one Ms. AndreaClaire.

One of my favourite parts of this month is opening the mailbox and finding a stack of white and red envelopes in it. I love checking out the special Christmas stamps. I love the anticipation of opening each envelope and pulling out a special card with a handwritten note inside. Maybe a letter or a photo will float out. I lived overseas for a number of years and I met many wonderful people. Life is busy. I don't have time to keep up with everyone, but once a year my mailbox fills with greetings and updates and stories from around the world. And it's pretty special. We got our first card yesterday, all the way from New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment