Friday, November 16, 2007

oscar the GRINCH

We're past the half way mark in November and recently, the discussion with a few of my friends has been how none of us feel like Christmas this year. Grinch has been turned into an adjective and a verb for us.

Last night, as I sat and wrote thank you cards, I thought about how much I wasn't looking forward to Christmas card writing. But then a light bulb went off in my head. I wasn't not looking forward to writing Christmas cards at all this year, I was not looking forward to writing Christmas cards right now.

Because it's not Christmas yet. Just because the stores are decorated and playing Christmas music and the guy in front of my on the bus whistled "Let It Snow" all the way home from work yesterday, doesn't mean it's time for Christmas.

When I was a kid, the tree and decorations did not appear until after my cousin Melissa's birthday on December 10...after! Maybe that's the solution to this pseudo problem...I'll just wait until closer to Christmas to be excited about Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment