Friday, May 16, 2008

What's in your bag?

I have this bag that goes everywhere with me...it's not too big, not too small, just about perfect except on days when I go swimming. And it holds lots in its seven pockets.

the bag
When we went to Europe in the fall, we often took only these shoulder bags and nothing else when we'd go out for the day. Sometimes just one bag. With two cameras, two water bottles, fruit, pens, paper, gloves, hats, scarves, maps, guide books and whatever else we thought we needed that day plus whatever stuff we picked up in the many shops and markets we visited. Now they make good work/lunch bags.


Contents from the top left:
  • Bus pass
  • Business cards
  • Apple sauce
  • Sunglasses
  • Keys
  • Grapefruit
  • THE coffee mug (for hot chocolate these days)
  • 1GB USB key
  • Case for camera (usually with camera in it, but something had to take the picture)
  • Cough drops (both packaged and loose)
  • Girl Guide crest
  • Agenda/calendar
  • Cheque book (yes, some people still use those occasionally...I'm not sure why I'm carrying it around though, I don't use it very often)
  • Key chain thingy that fell off the keys up there
  • Two receipts...only...the rest must be stuffed in the granny wallet, because, well there has to be more than two!
  • Appointment card from the doctor's office (for an appointment that already happened)
  • Mail that hasn't quite made it to the mailbox (but at least I just put them in there today!)
  • Cloth for cleaning glasses
  • Cell phone
  • Sad looking package of tissues
  • Pregnancy friendly Tylenol
  • Random coupon for Steeps Tea (tea date anyone?)
  • Eiffel Tower key chain (for no apparent reason)
  • Local-seattle-based-soccer-mom-mega-coffee-shop coffee sleeve with a grocery list on it
  • Another grocery list
  • The grandma wallet

Things that I often have in my bag but for some reason are missing today:
  • A book
  • A notebook
  • Something (or things) to write with
  • Address book
  • MP3 player
  • The rest of my lunch
  • More receipts
  • A reusable bag for grocery stops on the way home from work
  • Lip gloss (I wonder where all my Burt's Bees is!)


I have been carrying my back pack a lot lately because of the swimming gear, so some of that stuff could be in there...and maybe I'm getting better at getting rid of receipts? HA! I doubt it.

So, I got rid of the receipts and the grocery lists and the appointment card, but the rest is there to stay until I get home tonight (unless I eat the grapefruit and apple sauce before I leave the office)

What's in your bag?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh - this is going to be a scary exercise.

    body shop lip gloss
    1 package of gum
    2 cough candys
    1 ipod shuffle
    1 notebook
    1 Vancouver Tourism challenge passport book
    1 notepad (different from notebook)
    3 pens (1 green gel pen, 1 black felt pen, 1 fountain pen with light olive ink)
    office keys
    1 2-sided change purse with VIFF logo - one side for coin, one for bills (also contains credit note for Paper Ya)
    1 keychain with attachment to plug the hole of a take-out coffee cup lid so there's no spillage
    1 art deco business card holder holding visa, debit card, drivers license and last year's Vancouver Tourism pass
    1 little metal container with replacement ink cartridges for the fountain pen
    2 usb keys on lanyard - 1 mine, 1 Greg's (which I have to return)
    1 blush and blush brush (which I'm removing because they don't belong in there)
    1 personalized business card holder (with business cards)
    my favourite Avon lipstick
    1 vial of Rescue Remedy
    1 set of earbuds for the ipod
    1 transfer/charger cable for the ipod
    1 dark burgundy lip gloss
    1 burts bees lipstick
    nail clippers
    "Potion" solid perfume from Lush (smells like what carnations smell like when not mass produced for sale)
    1 framing work order from Loomis
    1 starbucks card (unknown amount left on it)
    1 business card of the person who made my bag
    1 tin o' mints
    7 receipts
    1 Beadworks frequent buyer card
    1 sheet with lyrics to Dance Me To The End of Love by Leonard Cohen (learning it to sing at Joanne & Alan's wedding)
    2 "to do" lists
    1 tin filled with various pharmeceuticals, mints, vitamins, a marble and a thimble
    1 bulldog clip (holding together notes, lyrics & receipts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never tell! And I'll probably never get it all back if I take it all out at the same time! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete