Saturday, February 14, 2009

Time to blog?

Huh? what? blog? I wish! I didn't realize how much of an outlet blogging was for me. It gives me a place to write and to work out whatever is rattling around in my brain, but lately, well, there just doesn't seem to be time. When Baby J goes down for the night, I usually have 2-3 hours for myself before I need to crawl between the sheets, because, really, she might sleep until 7:00, but it may only be 6:00 or if I'm lucky it could be 8:00, but I won't know until I hear the summons ...waaa ... waaaaaaaaaaaaah ... waaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH ... WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ... and then, believe me, I know!

But I think I've missed it. Lots.

The last few months have obviously been full of change. Baby J has been a part of our lives for almost six months now...well, longer than that, but before six months ago, she just pummelled my internal organs and gave me heart burn, she didn't require attention. Five minutes ago. Jeepers Mom, can't you read my mind?

Now, six months in, I think maybe I have a handle on things. It helps that Baby J pretty much sleeps through the night. Not having to drag myself out of bed at 2:00 and 5:00 to feed her means most days I can handle getting up with her and staying up for the day. I still occasionally need a nap when she naps, but not every time like I did for a few months. The kitchen has been clean almost every night this week hours before bedtime. For a while there it felt like dishes were a once a week kind of job and thank goodness we had a dishwasher. We're not eating out of the freezer anymore, although I still make double batches of soup, chili and other freezable foods because, inevitably, when the freezer is empty we have a day that forbids cooking!

I have started reading again...it took me two and a half months to read The Flying Troutmans. It took me six weeks to read The Hour I First Believed. Then I read Gods Behaving Badly in three days and I'm on another book (bad Brit Chick Lit with a title I can't remember) that will only take three nights too.

I have a routine! and being able to read for half an hour to an hour every night before I go to sleep means I sleep better and I get to read more. Both important things for me!

So, maybe, just maybe, I'll be around more in the next little while. We'll see. I'm rusty, so posts could be blah, but bear with me! That is if you're still out there. I've been gone so long I might not have any readers left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment