Monday, August 10, 2009

In which upchuck is discussed

Otherwise known as vomit, puke, throw up etc.

If you prefer not read about this subject, well, stop reading now!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But if you've got this far, I'm amazed!!

I'm about to fall asleep at the computer - it's been a long couple of days. Poor little J has the stomach flu and it's kept all of us busy.

We're still in Kelowna. We were supposed to go home yesterday morning, but J (thankfully) started throwing up an hour and a half before we were supposed to go. It would have been horrible for it to start in the car!

It's amazing what changes when you become a mom. I've always been a sympathy gagger (if not sympathy puker) when someone near my throws up...not so much anymore. I think survival mechanisms kick in when your baby is sick. Poor little girl projectile vomited all over me, not once, not twice, but five times last night and I barely blinked. I did have my dad there to take J from me and since she had just finished her bath, he was able to pull her yucky clothes off and plunk her back in the tub that still had water in it. But there was no gagging from me, just a rush to get my clothes off, wipe down a little, get dressed and start the massive clean up!

Being home has been a blessing - my mom and dad have been able to help out and when our pre-emergency room stuff started happening they were here to spell me off and calm me down and hold J while I called Healthlink. If we'd been at home, Alex would have been long gone to work when that all happened.

J is feeling better now, we think. She was in the emergency room for a quick visit (literally the fastest emergency visit I've ever had - we were in and out in less than hour and there was only one other car in the emergency parking when we got there) this morning and we've had a quiet day. We've booked a flight home on Wednesday and we can't wait to get home!

That's all...time for me to sleep now!

No comments:

Post a Comment