Saturday, September 01, 2012

Fresh Start

I've posted a few times before about September and how I always feel like it's the beginning of the year for me, not January 1 and this year is no different. No one is starting a new job or daycare this year (or school...next year we have school to add to the excitement), but I think it's time for us to have a fresh start.

I woke up this morning and the air felt different - cooler, crisper and more fall-like. I know, I know, all you summer lovers will hate me for saying this, but I am very glad to see the autumn.

she likes summer too
See, she likes summer too!

September and October have always been my favourite months, so it's not surprising that I'm welcoming them. I love the feeling in the air, the delicious, fresh-off-the-tree apples, the fall clothes that don't require as many layers (and sometimes don't need a jacket) as they do in winter.

We're looking forward to the last four months of this year. 2012 has been a challenging year pretty much from day one, so we're going to make the last four months count. The next four months are going to have so many smiles in them that the last eight months won't seem like they've been so challenging!

Happy September everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment