Monday, July 26, 2010

74 minutes, a few kilometers, 23,495,392,487 deep breaths and one skunk encounter later...

we're home.

J is refusing to sleep. And she's demonstrating that she has almost figured out how to get out of her crib. BAD combination.

So just before 9:00 tonight I packed her into her stroller and we went down to the seawall. And she yelled "MommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommyMommy" for a while and then listed off her body parts at the top of her lungs before returning to "MommyMommyMommyMommyMommy" interspersed with "I want cake." Except she's not quite that articulate yet. So it was more "Jocie deet cake. MOMMY. Now."

And then the bugs started eating me. So I decided it was time to move away from the water.

That's when the skunk came sauntering down the sidewalk. And we were stuck. Bushes on one side. Parked cars on the other. And no where for the stroller to go. And I froze. And the skunk freaked out when it smelled us and backed, this is key, backed into a bush with its tail up and ready to spray. It missed us. Because it backed into the bushes not us. And I might have run a bit. Maybe. But I don't run. So don't tell anyone. And that means the skunk missed us. Although there is a slight musky smell that has been lingering since.

And then we walked up and down the block in front of our house. Much to the amusement of the cat on the leash who wasn't sure what to make of us the first time we strolled past, let alone the fourteenth or sixteenth time.

J is now asleep in the bathroom. It's the coolest room in the house at the moment and I want to wait a bit before I transfer her to her bed. And I have tons to do. But I'm so tired.

Dear insomniac daughter, please sleep until at least 6:00 tomorrow morning. PLEASE.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment