Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Bah Humbug to Fall Flus...

Like every kid, J brought germs home from daycare. We all fought the good fight and J and Alex managed to keep the germs at bay. Well, Alex did. J developed a gross cough, but the doctor says it's just that, a gross cough. Keep her hydrated. Run the humidifier. Use VapoRub. And wait it out.

I thought I'd succeeded in beating it too. Until Sunday night. When my entire body started to ache and I began to cough violently. And woke up yesterday with a sore throat. And stayed home yesterday. And today.

And I'm starting to feel better. I'll probably stay home tomorrow just to be sure, but I have some work I can do from home, so maybe I'll feel productive.

Because for the last three days all I've done is sleep in, drink lots of water, tea, and hot lemon and honey, drop J off at daycare, drink more water, tea, and hot lemon and honey, sleep, drink more water, tea, and hot lemon and honey, pick J up from daycare, drink more water, tea, and hot lemon and honey and lie on the couch while J watches Raffi, drink more water, tea, and hot lemon and honey and wait for Alex to come home, drink more water, tea, and hot lemon and honey, go to bed early. I've had a few quiet moments to do some work (ugh, budgets were due yesterday) and blog.

Oh, and can I just say, my awe at the great job stay-at-home-parents and single parents do has increased tenfold? I have no idea how these people ever get their immune systems happy if they get sick. I've been fortunate that daycare is close enough to home that it makes total sense for me to take J even if I'm not going to work (daycare is literally three and a half minutes from my office) and I know that even though Alex is working wacky hours, he'll be home after 7:30 or so if J wakes up or is still up or whatever so that I can sleep.

Just a little blogging:
And tomorrow I hope I'm back to work, either at work or at least doing some work from home...

4 comments:

  1. you forgot one thing you must have done a lot of with all the drinking... PEE! Hope you're feeling better soon! My J wanted to come visit your J this week but we'd better wait until you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, you're right...I haven't gotten out of bed for the bathroom so many times since I was pregnant!

    Maybe next week? My J would love to see you guys! (ME TOO!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite being sick, it sounds like you've been pretty busy :) Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy catching up!! On sleep mostly and blogging too...I'm planning on going to work tomorrow...only needed one nap so far today!

    ReplyDelete