Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting Rid of STUFF

We have lots of stuff. Too much stuff. I've been slowly but surely working my way through our apartment...I haven't posted recently because, well, the changes are small. Little. And I haven't been able to do as many as I'd hoped what with the mysterious illness and all... but I'll be posting some updates soon...mostly because most of my projects are huge will little goals that don't look like much, but end up being massive when they're added together.



Photobucket


Like my current project. J is away with her grandparents for a few days and so I decided to tackle her bedroom and her closet.

That's too big.

So I split her room into four zones and tackled each one of those. Then I decided to go box by box out of the closet. It's working well enough. Although when I left this morning, it looked pretty dismal in her room. The plan for tonight is to get the recycling and garage out to their bins. And then continue sorting. Because I have two partial evenings and one morning to get it done before she gets back. Which is why I did it box by box. So that I should be able to just close the closet if I don't get it finished...I'll be posting something about that when it's done...or as close to done as it's going to get this time.

But.

Three weeks ago Alex took all the stuff we wanted to give to the thrift shot (that I'd been storing in our bedroom) to the thrift shop. OHMYGOODNESS.

donations

I didn't get a picture of the final load, but I think there were two more boxes, one more large bag and a pile of board games.

J and I were out when Alex did this and, disappointingly, when we got home, the masses of stuff in our place didn't look any smaller...but, I was bitten by the giveaway bug and there is plenty more slated for donation or giveaway very very soon!

I linked up to I'm an Organizing Junkie's 52 Weeks of Organizing Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. arg! I forgot to ask you about the sewing machine when I saw you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to bring it when we went out for dinner, but I forgot...I guess that means we'll just have to get together again soon...

    ReplyDelete