Friday, January 11, 2013

Fingerprint art

 

So, I follow a blog that I can’t read…I can’t read it because it’s in Norwegian and I follow it because I came across it somewhere (I can’t remember exactly where or when – Facebook? email? Google search?) and it’s written by Helene who I met years ago in Finland at a WAGGGS/WOSM seminar. Hi Helene! There are pretty pictures and I do read it when I have time using Google’s translate tool. Anyway, on her blog, she posted a little craft she did with her boys and as I was getting the advent calendar ready for J at the time, I bookmarked it.

J had an awesome time making cards for her teachers using ink pads and finger prints.

concentration

We got brown, red and green ink pads and she had a great time deciding what she was going to create.

art cards

We ended up with (clockwise from the top left) Rudolph, three elves, a stocking, a tree with a J drawn star at the top, Santa (he’s the one with ears) holding hands with two elves, and some holly. We’ll definitely use this idea again…I could see the wheels turning in J’s head and then she starting telling me all the other fun stuff she could do if she had other colours.

Thanks Helene!

No comments:

Post a Comment