Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snow Day!

27. Build a snow man with J

The week before Christmas we got some snow. Well, for Vancouver it was a lot of snow. I had an early morning ultrasound at the hospital and I wasn’t sure if I’d actually get home after it – the street where our garage door opens is quite steep and they often close it when it snows. I don’t know if they closed it, but I know it was still open when I got home even though the three or four streets to the east of us were closed.

building a snow man

We had already decided to keep J home from daycare that day, but as soon as I got home, she was ready to go out and make a snow man. We didn’t venture further than our courtyard – the snow was heavy and wet and it was chilly out. We still managed to make a little snow man though.

snowman

Right after we got back inside, it started snow even harder and the flakes were huge – bigger than a twonie for sure. I was glad we didn’t have to go out in the weather – things on the roads were a bit crazy…we saw our fair share of weather related drama from our font windows.

snow day

And because it is Vancouver, most of the snow was gone the following morning. The remnants of the snow man lasted a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment