Wednesday, August 09, 2006

so what if I'm crazy...and sorry if I encouraged the rain

Uh...yeah...

On Monday night we had some more visitors come and stay and when they arrived, they really truly figured I had lost it...

The visitors happened to be my aunt and my two cousins and they are, by now, somewhat used to seeing me with knitting in tow...

But they thought I'd gone crazy because it was nice and warm out and what do you think I was knitting...um...a toque. A very cute toque. A toque for me and I don't know the last time I knit something for me...And Lili says to me...but it's summer and that's for winter....

Obviously she's not a knitter or she would have known that sometimes you just have to dive into that new yarn/try that cool pattern and it doesn't matter if it's summer or it's 11:30 at night when you start or the house needs to be cleaned or you have a million other things you need to do, the knitting bug takes over.

So I have a cute hat. And it started to rain the day after I made the cute hat. So maybe it's my fault. Or maybe not.

cute new hat

2 comments:

  1. i hope they didn't STAY with you.
    hahahahahahahaha.

    i'm too busy to phone you right now, so it'll have to wait until around the 20th of august.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they stayed...just one night...last time they stayed with me I lived in the Hobbit Hole and it was REALLY hot! So everyone was much more comfortable this time!

    A. Kate wants to be Tomony's wedding planner...and she dropped some not too subtle hints last night at dinner about so-called double weddings....

    ReplyDelete