Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Time Traveler's Wife

WHOA!

So, this had to have been one of the most captivating books I've read in a very long time! I think the last time I devoured a book like that, I was reading The Lovely Bones.

I literally could not put it down. I started reading it on the bus ride to work, which is only about 15 minutes and I picked up an old bad habit I have...reading while walking down the street.

Every free moment I had, I picked up the book - breaks, lunch time and the walk back to the bus stop after work. I read it all the way back from the airport and almost missed my stop...twice...and then I came home and read until Alex got here...and then I stayed up until 2:00.

I read quickly, but not usually that fast. I mean, the book has 500+ pages!

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! I think I'll have to reread parts of it...if not all of it, but it was so good.

I won't say too much about it because I don't really want to spoil it...I knew one little thing about it and it wasn't even a detail about the book and I think it made it different to read for me and possibly I read it anticipating something...and I wasn't even sure what it was that I was anticipating. But that's probably why I read it sooooooo quickly!

By the way...if you hadn't already figured it out, I completely recommend this book!

4 comments:

  1. I loved "The Lovely Bones" too! Maybe I should pick this one up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh yeah...You'll love it!! I'm positive you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah ps...i think you lent me the Lovely Bones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is my favourite ever...and the only book that's made me cry since my puberty years...glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete