Tuesday, August 15, 2006

that drug called family

In June Kelsey abandoned me and moved back to Kelowna, leaving me void of any immediate family members in the vicinity of my house.

Yeah, I adjusted.

Yeah, I've lived in places with NO family members, immediate or otherwise, for long periods of time.

But this time, I really missed the family thing.

It's not like there's no family in Vancouver...I've got cousins and aunt and uncles and more cousins and Alex's family, but more than just missing out on the parents and sisters, I kind of feel like I'm missing out on the family dinners, bbqs etc...

But the last few weeks I got my share and then some of the family drug (and now I'm addicted, don't want to give it up, but have been forced to go cold turkey!).

First Alex and I had dinner with the family matriarch, Mama...

Then last week the Stewart girls stayed with us and I went out with them and some of the Bjs for a super duper dinner.

This past weekend we had brunch with the North Van Mulvis...

Last night the Antisins were in town and Harmony, Tom and I joined them for a scrumptious Italian dinner...

Anyway, forget the laundry list, seeing that much family just always makes me wish I lived somewhat closer to most of my family...as we get older, there seems to be this trend toward moving back to k-town and that was the big question at these gatherings, when are you moving home...third only to have you set a date for your wedding (to Harmony and Tom) and when are you getting engaged (directed to me).

I know everyone thinks they have a pretty special family...but mine is really the best ;)

I miss meeting Kelsey for breakfast before work when we haven't seen each other for a while. I miss the big dinners for holidays (although I do get home for most of those). I miss it all...oh well...I'll just survive off the current high for a while longer...maybe if I'm lucky it will last until Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment