Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Keeping myself occupied

This is proving to be a bit of a challenge. One can only knit for soooo long before one's wrists and forearms hurt and when one reaches that point, one tries to mentally knit everything one sees.

My goodness, I hate it when people refer to themselves as "one."

Anyway...yesterday my favourite home care physio came to visit. She checked me out, gave me a whole bunch of new exercises and told me I'm off work at least until February 5. UGH...my goal so that I can return to work is not to be pain free, but to be able to walk around the block, unassisted. So I'm working really hard with the exercises, because right now I'm not even able to leave the house on my own.

Kelsey is looking after me this week and my Mom is coming back on Tuesday, but that means I have a five hour chunk of time on my own on Friday (and that's the test) and on Monday and Tuesday I'll be alone when Alex goes to work...so I might be looking for company...

If you have suggestions of things I could do to keep myself occupied, let me know! I have limited computer capabilities at the moment, I can't bend or reach very well and I am still using a walker...fun stuff...and you're all welcome to come visit. I like visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment