Friday, April 16, 2010

Surprise Side Effects

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

So, I guess I’ve been going to acupuncture for just over two months and I’ve noticed a few little extra benefits that I think are attributable to the acupuncture.

Coffee. I am drinking way less. Not that I usually drank lots of coffee, but I don’t get up in the morning and wonder whether I set the timer on the machine the night before because I really only feel like having one cup and then it’s only two or three times a week.

Sleep. I didn’t sleep poorly before. And I did get eight hours most nights because I’d force myself to bed at 10:00 so I could drag myself out of bed at 6:00. I’m still getting eight hours and I still have to remind myself eighty-three million times that it’s after nine now and you have to be in bed by ten, but I get there. I’m NOT dragging myself out of bed anymore. So I think maybe the quality of sleep has changed.

Stretch Marks. Ugh. They improved over the first six months after I had J, but that was it. Then they stopped. Nothing. And a year later I started acupuncture and now, well, WOW! The angry red marks are now much more subtle slightly pink marks. And my acupuncturist is trying a new treatment just for the stretch marks…I’m her guinea pig. She was surprised as I was that there was such a remarkable change, but she puts it down to gathering the energy in my abdomen for the hormones and that was probably just a really positive thing for the stretch marks too!

So yeah…I’d say just for the added benefits the acupuncture was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment