Sunday, July 09, 2006

any excuse for a party (and an appearance by Snuffleupagus)

so...my birthday and Stacey's birthday were both last weekend, but why not extend the birthdayness and have a party (or two) a week later?

We met Stacey, Sunita, Warren, Goran, Peyton and Ciara for brunch at the Bayshore in honour of Stacey's birthday...Mmmmm...brunch buffet. It was scrumptious and of course we all ate too much, but how often do you get to go brunch buffets?

stacey's birthday brunch

After a few hours of coffee, food and some silly laughter, we went our separate ways, with everyone but Ciara, who was off to a wedding, planning to meet up again in a few short hours at my house.

Stacey and Sunita arrived at the blue house in time to have smokies with me and Alex and then kick us out of the house for half an hour. When we returned, the house was decked out in streamers and there were people arriving.

Stacey brought an amazing cake with all kinds of chocolate bits on it (yes, I know I'm not SUPPOSED to eat chocolate, but it was still my birthday...kinda...)

more cake for shanny

Heather brought me a crown that says Princess for a day...it suits her quite well too!!!

princess heddy

And the gang from the morning appeared on my deck...minus Ciara :(

peyton, stacey, sunita and jj

Warren is apparently a big fan of the Girl Guide movement.

warren wants to be a girl guide

There were a few noisy games of table hockey....after a dismal start, Sunita and Heather crushed me and Stacey!

the table hockey champs


Including one that saw one poor player injured, but after a good talking to, he was ready to keep on playing!

dead hockey player

There were lots of photos...and lots of avoiding said photos...

no pictures please

And then the moon came out to bid us goodnight...

mr. moon

What a great evening...good food, good company...all good stuff...and now the vacation begins...oh and Snuffleupagus, aka Heddy's D, arrived toward the end of the evening, tired and starving from a day full of flying...

What a super birthday week I've had...I think it's time for a break...at least until next year...thanks guys!

shanny....another year older

(PS punk and raceface...the cupcakes I promised have been forfeited in favour of half a chocolate cake and half a strawberry cake...sorry, I can only do so much cake in a week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment