Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It's that time of year again...turkey, trimmings, family...all good things.

It's almost time for us to leave to pick up Alex's grandma and take her to his parents' for Thanksgiving dinner with the family and while I have a few quick minutes to myself and we all know how much I like (no, need) to make lists, I thought I'd make my second annual what I'm thankful for at Thanksgiving list...in no particular order and without referring to last year's list:
  • Alex
  • our extremely supportive families
  • two families that now make my one family
  • a back that is almost 100% healed
  • pain-free days and now more often than not, pain-free weeks
  • wedding planning that has gone extremely smoothly...which means that the wedding will go smoothly!
  • Alex's mom's health continuing to improve
  • a healthy new niece
  • an awesome group of friends who looked after me last winter and who have done a whole bunch of special things for me in the last few months
  • people coming to k-town from around the world to spend a very special day with us in a few weeks
  • that lack of garbage pick up is probably the biggest issue (read: inconvenience) in our lives right now
  • being able to pick up the phone and talk to my family pretty much whenever I need to
  • being happy
  • the nervous-excited feeling that's been in the pit of my stomach for the last few weeks
  • a great medical team
  • a great boss and super coworkers!
  • rainy afternoons and sunny mornings
  • thermostat control
  • awesome paramedics
There's lots to be thankful for this year...actually, there's always lots to be thankful for, but this year either I'm more thankful or there really is more!

No comments:

Post a Comment