Sunday, June 07, 2009

Out with the old

When I moved to the hobbit hole, oh, six years ago, my mom brought me these lamps. I think they might have been in our house at some point...my grandma picked them up at a garage sale. I got the lamps because I had nothing. Well, not nothing. I had a bed and a dresser and a desk. I might have had two little lights. But that's it. Nothing else cause I'd always lived with someone who had all the other stuff. And the lights had atrocious shades.

old shade
old shade
I don't know if you can even see the difference in these pictures, but the shades are not the same. They are different sizes and different colours and have different decoration bits on them. And the liner pieces are ripped (you can sort of see that in the first picture) and one had the trim held on by a safety pin.

new shade
Last night, I finally got new shades for them...something I've been swearing I'll do for, oh, six years. And they match.

No comments:

Post a Comment