Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My blog-land

1. How long have you been blogging? since March 2006

2. What made you start? Heather. And boredom. I was at work. She was at work. I was bored. She emailed me a link to her blog (it's gone now) and I read it and clicked on her blog roll and read those blogs and a few days later I decided to start my own blog. I'd never really even followed a blog before that.

3. Who inspired you? Heather

4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog? Ummmm....zero - 3 or 4 depending on the week

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing? I have an English degree and I've always enjoyed writing

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? My ideas usually come from boring old every day life.

7. What or who inspires you and your blog? Life in general....

8. Where and/or how do you do your brainstorming for your blog? I don't. When I think of something and I'm near the computer and have time, I blog. No brainstorming for me.

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? I try not to talk about work and I think twice before I hit publish on stories with other people in them....

10. Is there anything you will not blog about? Things that should remain private

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? nope

12. How many drafts of potential blog posts do you have right now? None

13. In what medium do you draft your posts? Right in the blogger dashboard, using HTML not the WYSIWYG editor

14. How often do you completely scratch or delete drafts or blog post ideas? Not often

15. If you had to leave your blog in your will to another blogger, who would you choose? I'm not sure - the blogs I read everyday right now are all pretty blogs where I lurk.

16. Are there other blogs that you feel are similar to yours in content, style, or voice? Lots in terms of content - voice and style probably, but I haven't really gone looking for them.

17. Has anything surprised you since you started blogging? Mostly that I kept it up!

18. What are your goals or plans for your blog going forward? No goals, no plans, just to keep blogging when I feel like it

19. Do you make any money from your blog? nope

20. What blogging system do you use? Blogger

21. How did you come up your blog name? It's what I called myself when I was little and couldn't say my own name

22. How many blogs do you have? What was your peak? I have two, this one and its sister over there which has been neglected and will hopefully be updated soon. As in this weekend. And I blog on Stacey's Get Fit Chicks blog as often as I can

23. Are you having as much fun as when you started? yup - especially now that I'm also blogging with Stacey

24. Where do you find other bloggers like you? I'm not so much about finding other bloggers LIKE me, but I do like reading what other people are reading - blog rolls are a great place to find new blogs!

25. What’s your one wish when it comes to blogging?
Hmmmm...well, maybe, I don't know, I just do it because it's an outlet for me

No comments:

Post a Comment