Thursday, January 06, 2011

I’m ready for you, 2011!

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

Happy New Year!

I was away over the holidays and busy celebrating with family and friends and pretty much ignoring the computer world. Yeah. When I turned my computer on after three days of ignoring, do you know what I found?

Over 1000 posts in my RSS feed. Something like 300 emails.

I selectively read my RSS feed. There are some blogs that I have to read and some that I like to read and some that I read very occasionally, so there was a process to choosing what to read, but it still took forever. And I deleted most of the email. I don’t get a lot of personal email anymore...

Anyway, I'm back now, so I'm trying to get back into blogging...

Not that 2010 was a bad year (it wasn't), but I'm so ready for 2011. I didn't make any specific resolutions for 2011. I've been working on my 101 things in 1001 days since September and that seems to be a good way for me to do it. There are some health and fitness goals in there, so go take a look (and if you're doing the 101 things in 1001 days challenge, let me know, I love to follow what others are up to!)

I did start the year with a list of lists though…books to read, blog posts to write, parts of our house to declutter, emails to write, packages to send, phone calls to make…

Slowly but surely I'll cross them all off…and very quickly I'll add more and more and more.

Lists are never ending! But I love them anyway!

My big challenge right now is still the GAPS diet. It's going much better now that the evil healing crisis is done and I'm on the full diet. It's still restrictive, but not like in the introductory stages.

I had some interesting food over the holidays – my mom made me lasagne with zucchini "noodles" and used cheddar cheese instead of ricotta and mozzarella. It was tasty and it held together fairly well. She also made some spiced nuts which were to die for and I could have everything in them...yay for finding snack food that works with the diet.

I have another 6-8 weeks to go on the diet and I'm looking forward to the end. I think I will have developed some good low carb habits by the time the end comes and I've figured out how to make one meal for all three of us instead of one for me and one for them…it's easier on the full diet and I can always make a side of rice or some potatoes for Alex and J and just not have them on my plate.

The big thing I'm looking forward to is a reduction in our grocery bill. It's huge because of all the nut butters and meat and special foods…I think it will go down substantially when I go back to less restricted eating (and less broth...I'm getting tired of it!)

Is anyone else out there like me and doesn't make specific New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment