Monday, July 17, 2006

back to the real world

I'm back.

Not much has changed in the few days I was gone...although the sun has gone away. But if I'm not on vacation anymore, then the sun can go away and I won't complain. Maybe then I won't feel so bad about not being on vacation any more!

Sooooo...I've decided a week isn't enough. You just get into the swing of hanging out and relaxing and not rushing through the morning paper and ignoring work email and all that stuff and then it's time to go back to the real world. I got up half an hour early this morning just because I knew I was still in vacation mode. Sure enough...I needed every second of it! And then of course the bus didn't come...the 99 is starting to drive me crazy with its long waits.

My mom decided that this birthday I turned 254...

this year i'm 254

dunno...I guess that's a consequence of having too many birthday cakes?

While in K-town, we had a quick visit with my great-grandma. She's 94 and has Alzheimer's. It was difficult to see how little she recognized and knew...she doesn't know us anymore, but she knows that she knows my mom. She knows who my grandma is and when she understood that her daughter was my grandmother, well, then I was okay.

shannon mom and gramma

She's a happy person though. She laughs a lot and doesn't complain. When it was time for us to leave, she was upset that we would go before she had a chance to feed us and she wanted us to stay for dinner and was worried if we didn't, we wouldn't eat properly that night.

Our little holiday ended yesterday...sniff sniff...I wish we'd had more time in K-town. We stopped by Alex's parents' place on our way home and were treated to a beautiful sunset when we left.

sunset

Coming home is always nice, even when you wish the vacation wasn't over yet. AND we came home to a renovated bathroom. Our new shower and bathtub are very nice...we'll really like them once the holes in the wall are patched and all the dust is gone. Hopefully they'll finish today or tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Shanny & Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, vacation. *sigh* Sounds nice! Glad to have you back though!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete