Thursday, July 06, 2006

look, it's sammy!

Before I left the dark, windowless cave, my cousin lent me The Devil Wears Prada. She had been to my place of work and thought that maybe if she introduced me to "The Devil," life might feel easier to me. Well it did...and then I found a new job, which unfortunately meant that Heddy ended up with some of my old duties...you can ask Heddy how she likes that ;)

After weeks of "We should go for coffee," "We should meet up after work," " I haven't seen you in ages" and similar conversations, last night, Heddy and I decided to go see the film version of The Devil Wears Prada. I had seen a few reviews that were lukewarm, but you know, for a summer movie based on a somewhat fluffy novel, it was a good movie. There were enough laughs, the changes to the story line weren't totally off base, although I was a little disappointed at the loss of the real Lily character...it definitely made for the very different ending...I don't know if they changed the ending because of Lily or if they changed Lily in order to change the ending. I loved Meryl Streep though. She was amazing and while the book made me realize my job wasn't as bad as it could be, the movie definitely reinforced that. We left Alex and the D-man to their own devices (actually, I think they were both working) and when we got to the theatre and realized most of the males in the audience were sitting next to the women who had dragged them there and they were pouting and looking bored out of their minds, we knew we'd made the right decision. And it definitely fit into the "chick-flick" category...Happy summer movie! Definitely worth it on a hot summer's night and even more so if you've ever had the ultra-demanding female bosslady!

Look...I made my very own Sammy!

PS If you don't know who Sammy is and need to know, email me!!

That's all...

5 comments:

  1. okay...so I post this...then I go to Heddy's blog , and what do you know, she talking about the same stuff!!

    So my Sammy link works, but somehow it changed her closes from a funky-ish Sammy-type tank top and capris to a man's suit...I dunno how to fix it and I don't know what the internet is trying to tell me by changing Sammy's clothes...maybe it's something to do with the line in the movie when Andy (at least I think it's Andy) says that if Miranda were a man, no one would think any different of her for her behaviour and attitude, but because she's a woman, she gets called heartless and a b*tch...maybe the same goes for Sammy...

    Oh my...too philosophical for the morning!!! and too philosophical for a computer glitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm surprised at how accurate that actually is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so what's the deal with fridays? i've been at work for 1hr 15m and it feels like 5 hrs.

    i've gotta stop clock-watching.

    FFFFFRRRRIIIDDDAAAYYY!!!!!

    we're going to sam roberts tonight! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fridays are meant to torture you before you get to escape for the weekend.

    Brunch and a party tomorrow.

    Home on Sunday (when do I get to see you?)

    ReplyDelete