Monday, September 11, 2006

computer macgyver...sort of

Chandra, my friend the computer guru (check out the multiple computers), came over to make my new-to-me computer work.
computer guru at workI did something bad to it and made the computer insist there was no monitor (okay, maybe it wasn't me, who knows).

I learned some things about computers.

1. When there is an error message and then your computer reboots over and over again, read the error message
2. When the error message flashes past too fast and you've tried to read
it seven times and failed, you need to try something else
3. Chandra is the computer MacGyver and told me to get my camera
4. Put the camera on rapid fire mode
5. Then you get a picture like this one
macgyver-esque computing6. But the internet sucks so the computer still thinks it HAS NO MONITOR
7. And the computer thinks that 16 colours is enough (which lots kind of like the picture on the right, only worse...fewer colours, more pixelation...UGH!)
full colour vs 16 colours...I'm still using the old computer.I think it knows it is going to be replaced. It's become temperamental and developed an attitude!

I guess Chandra will be coming back (I HOPE Chandra will be coming back), unless she hates my computer...Thanks for trying Chandra. You got further than I did!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet - you have the first photo of Dr. Funk (my new laptop). Pity the hotrod flames on it aren't visible.

    I will come back.
    Probably.
    Maybe.

    Let me know what Telus says. I still think giving you my old computer might be easier.

    ReplyDelete