Saturday, September 02, 2006

peaceful afternoon rudely frightened away

MMMMMmmm....Alex and I spent a quiet, end-of-summer day taking advantage of the good weather and our lovely deck furniture. We spent hours playing Yahtzee and Battleships...yes, we are dorks.

Next weekend we think we'll crack out the Payday or Sorry or Clue game boards...maybe Monopoly. You're all invited (cause I know we're not the only dorks out there)!

I threw two Yahtzees in a row, which Alex promptly imitated!

triple YahtzeeOur lazy, peaceful Saturday afternoon was rudely pierced by loud screams, emitting from my lungs. I was standing at the stove, making dinner, and I heard a noise behind me. I turned around to see a HUGE raccoon...that evil guy I mentioned earlier...peering in the window at me.

He didn't seem too disturbed by the horrible noises I was making. Alex came running, thinking a person had wandered into the kitchen, saw the raccoon and slammed the top half of the door shut, as the raccoon ambled along the window ledge...I'm sure it was attracted by the smell of food.

It sat under the table for a while and watched us and then climbed over the fence/edge of the deck and went to play with the wasp nest we think it destroyed.

destroyed nestIt's kind of hard to see the hanging bits, but really, it's hanging...hanging a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment