Sunday, October 22, 2006

Leaving the big city...

Alex and I left the big city yesterday and went for a little excursion to the 'burbs.

While Alex pampered himself at the spa, courtesy of a birthday gift certificate from his brother, I had to find other ways to amuse myself.

knit cafeknit cafeSo I decided to feed my yarn addiction and made my way to the local yarn shop. Once I'd browsed sufficiently, I went in search of a wireless internet connection so that I could do some work. I didn't find a connection, but I found this lovely example (although, very blurry...ummm, yeah, blurry to disguise the identity of the poor children) of bad hair styles in the local Seattle-based, soccer-mom, mega-coffee shop. Both of these children are sporting scary rat tails...

scary BIG BAD rat tailsAfter Alex and I spoiled ourselves, we met Alex's brother and nephew for lunch...which happened to be at a restaurant near the giant "M" craft store...which was good because clearly I NEEDED more yarn.

growing the stashWhat a nice Saturday...it ended with a visit to Alex's parents and his nephew, Trey, coming home with us for a sleepover.

No comments:

Post a Comment