Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving is for family...

Last night Alex and I hosted our first ever turkey dinner and invited both our families.

Preparation for the big day started a few weeks ago when my Mom picked up some pretty Thanksgiving napkins and sent them our way (okay, really I guess preparation started longer ago than that, because it think we decided to have Thanksgiving at the blue house back in July).

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and my parents came over and my Mom and I made stuffing and roasted the turkey while my Dad hung the curtain rods for the not-yet-completed kitchen curtains. We went on a brief excursion to Sophie's so that we could all fuel up on non-turkey food so that we'd be ready to prepare a turkey dinner and also so that Rebecca could pick out a puppy to be her imaginary pet.

the puppy rebecca wantsThis little girl really wanted out and thought she could lick her way through the plexiglass cage or the big green wall.

more of the coveted puppy
There were some hard working people at our house and it would have been difficult to pull off our dinner without their help. (Not pictured is my Mom...she was working so hard, she only showed up as a blur on the camera)

alex sweeping
punk and the flowers
dad carving the turkey
We had some pretty flowers

the flowers
pretty flowers
Alex and I got a house warming present from Grandma Ina (and yes, I'm super cheesy).

house warming present from Grandma Ina
We had lots of smiling faces and everyone went home with a happy tummy full of food and armed with care packages of leftovers for tonight.

grandma ina paul and colleenGrandma Ina, Paul and Colleen

treyTrey

fraser steve and kelseyFraser, Steve and Kelsey

shannon rebecca and larryShannon, Rebecca and Larry

joan and alexJoan and Alex

mulvi girlsthe girlies

Ahhhh....time to relax until next year!

2 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT BOXER PUPPY!! SO CUTE AND SLEEPY!!

    but little daisy long legs is a nice replacement.

    mmm...pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...cupcakes...but WAY TOO MUCH ICING...

    can i see a picture of daisy long legs?

    ReplyDelete