Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving thoughts...

My house is quiet and almost back in order after a (WONDERFUL!) weekend of people everywhere; the soup is simmering on the stove; I've done four loads of tea towels since Saturday morning; I'm still super full from all the yummy food...ahhhh...thank goodness for long weekend Mondays...

Since it is Thanksgiving and I am a complusive list maker, I made a list of things (in no particular order) I'm thankful for...
  • for my family and Alex's family (and Alex too!)
  • for all the wonderful food we ate over the last few days including the delicious turkey dinner last night and the tasty cinnamon buns this morning
  • for the fresh South Kelowna vegetables from the SBN gardens
  • for my parents and all their help cooking and all the things they brought with them for our dinner (dinner plates, cutlery, microwave, food, recipe for stuffing, meat thermometer) and for the HUGE free range turkey Alex's mom provided for last night's dinner
  • for the sunshine and warm(ish) days
  • for our happy and healthy families
  • that I moved out of the hobbit hole and into a house that could fit 12 people at the same time
  • for our friends, some of whom we don't see nearly often enough and some of whom have been in and out of the blue house all summer and fall
  • that I feel healthy again
  • that Wednesday is Alex's mom's last treatment
  • and for all the other good things in our lives that we forget about until Thanksgiving reminds us they're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment