Monday, October 02, 2006

the wheels on the bus go round and round

and the people on the bus are dumb, dumb, dumb....

And Shannon is grumpy. On my way back from the dentist, I got on the bus at its first stop. I was the third of six people on the (empty) bus, so I took a seat towards the back, next to the window, knowing I'd be on the bus until three stops before the end of the route.

The fifth person got on the bus and where did she sit? Not in one of the many empty seats, she sat right next to me. And she was one of those people who sits RIGHT NEXT TO YOU...like almost on top of you and definitely over that little cord that determines where the middle of the seat is.

Then a lady got on and sat next to the man in front of me. She was the opposite of the lady next to me...she's one of those people who sits half off the seat and into the aisle. She proceeded to trip the next two people who got on the bus. I originally thought she also had a large bag with her, but no, she tripped them with her leg which was all the way in the aisle.

THEN the man next to her tried to get off, and not only is she a half-aisle-sitter, she's also a swivel-in-the-seat-to-let-people-by-sitter...and she didn't swivel quite far enough. And the man had a large bag and he was probably about 6'6" and so he asked her if she could stand, and she just glared at him. And then almost tripped him and had him land on top of her. He did knock her in the head with his bag when he lost his balance, but I figure it served her right for not standing for all of three seconds.

This is why I HATE the bus...courtesy isn't so hard and makes everyone's day a little better...

2 comments:

  1. that's why i'm glad the bus here is too terrible to take! (or that's my main excuse, at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE PEOPLE ON THE BUS...they are stupid

    ReplyDelete