Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

Thank you for the 22C weather on Friday. I have a itsy bitsy teensy tiny request though. Could you please stop your waffling and decide on a season, please.

On Monday I went for a walk in my neighbourhood and it was very pleasant. I didn't need a coat, just wore my poofy vest (aside: Heddy has a matching one in black in case you're interested!). It was a little brisk, but very nice just the same.

Yesterday I sat at my desk and marvelled at the gentle breeze and sunshine coming my open window. Your gentle breeze increased enough when I was in my boss's office to get rid of the terrible smell in there.

But today. Today it's cold and nasty. My hands hurt they were so cold when I got to my office. I don't have mittens in my pocket any longer because it has been NICE and WARM for a few days.

Please Mother Nature, decide if you want it to be summer or winter. I'd take either, as long as it was fairly consistent. I'd be even happier if you'd decide on spring since I'm tired of hats and bulky coats and mittens, but I'm not quite ready for summer wear.

I'm sure you're busy with other stuff, like big bad weather systems on the East Coast, but I would be eternally grateful if you could make it so that we have only one season in a given week (more sun and less rain would be nice too, but this is rainy Vancouver).

Thanks Mother Nature.

That's all.

PS Sorry everyone if I just jinxed the weather even more...


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the seasons - it is like that in Ireland at the minute too!

    I never know what to wear as in the morning the sun is out and then it suddenly starts raining!

    Awh well I guess I shouldn't complain - it could be raining all the time like it usually does!

    ReplyDelete