Saturday, April 14, 2007

Early Rising

It's Saturday.

I don't have to go to work today.

I don't have to be anywhere until 7:00 tonight, but at 7:15, I was wide awake.

And now, pathetically early for a Saturday morning, I'm sitting at the computer...

I know the "experts" say you should get up and go to bed at close to the same time every day, including weekends, but I'd like to sleep in a little bit - even an hour would be nice.

But it is so nice out this morning, so I took the new toy out to the deck for some fresh air. It needed it; it hasn't had any fresh air for a few days.

The sun was shining so nicely and the tree with the mega wasp nest no longer has a mega wasp nest in it. Just pretty white blossoms.

pretty white blossoms
I didn't stay long though. It is a beautiful day and nice and warm, but the deck that's been subjected to insane amounts of rain and snow this winter is still extremely slippery and I'm not entirely steady yet, so I thought it would be best for me and my camera if I took my klutzy self back inside.

But not before taking a picture of the "smoke"

smokin' fence
and the pretty purple flowers on the weeds that will soon be removed from my planters.

purple weed flowers
Now I'm just waiting for Alex to get up so we can go for a walk and enjoy the sun before the rain (inevitably) comes back.

beautiful buds

No comments:

Post a Comment