Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The precariousness of life

Life is precious. It's also a delicate balance. Sometimes things happen that remind us of how fleeting life is.

So I'm going to try to make a bigger effort to tell people how important they are to me and how glad I am to have them in my life and thank them when they do nice things or unexpected things or just everyday things and not get upset or frustrated before I really think about whether it is worth and usually it's not because it won't matter tomorrow or next week or in a year and besides, because it could all be gone, just like that. And then what.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon,

    We met over..hmmmm, let's say 4 years ago and I have to say I have never met anyone like you. Everyday you laugh, you read, you knit, you smile, you ponder, you work hard at being a great friend....I truely appreciate every little darn quirky thing you do. You are an awesome friend...a better one than I am damnit! And I just wanted you to know that.

    That's all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heddy, Heddy, Heddy,

    Thank you! I dunno know about all of that, but I do know that you're a pretty darn good friend yourself. I can't believe it's been over four years, I really can't, but you've stuck with me through some pretty testy times - there are a lot of things I couldn't have done without you there...like working for Sammy, but more importantly working through health issues and the crazy things that happen in life. You're pretty awesome!

    That's all from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET ON FACEBOOK! IT'S SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaa....hey punk, I'm on facebook...wanna be my friend? wa waaaaaaaaaa...I'll look for you

    ReplyDelete