Saturday, January 02, 2010

Back from the black hole

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

Yup, I’m still here. I’ve been meaning to post for ages, but, well, life as a Mommy sometimes takes over everything! Add a sick toddler and Christmas in there and that pretty much takes care of any spare moments I might have had to think about maybe blogging!

Since my last post I’ve been busy. I discovered a good way to lose eight pounds in two weeks is to go on holiday with your husband and toddler to the UK and walk a lot, sometimes pushing the toddler in a stroller, sometimes carrying the (then 22 pound) toddler in a baby carrier.

I haven’t been on the scale since just after I got back, so I don’t know if I kept the weight off or not. I’m scared to even think about the scale right now since I haven’t been paying as close attention as I should to what I’m eating with the holidays here.

Since we got back from our trip, I’ve been battling with fatigue – first there was jet lag, then colds, then J got the stomach flu, then I had to cram a whole lot of work into just a few days to make up for the days I missed when J was sick. I’ve had some major problems with fatigue before – a few years ago I spent about ten months in and out of the doctor before going to a naturopath. He put me on a crazy diet, but it worked. When J was about 9 months old, she was in to see a naturopath and she put me on a modified version of the crazy diet (maybe I’ll post those tomorrow) to help J and to alleviate some of my tiredness (not to be mistaken for fatigue).

Well, since the fatigue is back, I’ve decided that I need to start on a modified version of the diet and see if that helps – I was going to start today, but we have one last family holiday function tomorrow so I figure I’ll wait until Monday. The diet is quite limited and it will be next to impossible to eat where we’re going tomorrow if I’m on it…

So with the new year comes my one and only resolution (I don’t do resolutions normally since I think my year starts in September) – to post here at least twice a week.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment