Monday, October 10, 2011

Dear Thanksgiving,

Every year you give me a chance to stop and think and reflect and be thankful. For the last few years I've had so much to be thankful for: my husband and my little girl, my family, my friends. We are blessed to live in a free society, have jobs that allow us to live the life we live, a home and city we love. The past few years I've had other things to be thankful for too: the recovered health of various family members, the safety of my family, my own health.

This year I am particularly thankful. It's been a long year. Many things have happened between last Thanksgiving and this one. There have been some ups, some downs, some scariness. When we said thanks this Thanksgiving, my list was long. Longer than usual.

Because it's all okay now. And for that I am thankful. Very thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment