Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Germany, Finland and Germany again

de-1428910

Postcard from Frieder from Germany.

Description: Lisbath, 1894. Carl Larsson (1853-1919)

fi-1455321

Postcard from Millamagia from Finland.

Description: Friends

de-1429253

Postcard from Tornasol from Germany.

This lovely handmade envelope arrived this morning. I was excited - when I first went off to boarding school, Fifers made me a bunch of these envelopes to send letter home in. Because it was, you know, back in the day of old fashioned letters. I loved those envelopes and when one showed up in my mail box, it made me super happy! (By the way, if you're so inclined, National Geographics make good envelope paper...the pages are thicker than a lot of other magazines)

de-1429253

Inside there was a postcard of a fair.

de-1429253

And a picture of a dog and cat snuggling (there seems to be a friendly animal theme today!)

de-1429253

And this park image - I'm not sure if this near the sender's home or if she just liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment