Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Edna's coming back! Edna's coming back!

I met Edna in London five years ago. I was actually the one they sent to the airport to meet Edna when she arrived in London. After lunch with Megan and Sarah, I managed to convince them they had nothing better to do with their day off than come to Heathrow with me to meet the new girl.

We got to Heathrow and her plane was just arriving. A bazillion people got off the plane all at once. Then the people started to trickle off the plane. There were still tons of people hanging around at the arrivals gate, including a few media-type people with TV cameras.

Then the Mexican football team got off the plane, complete with an entourage. Hence the cameras.

But still no Edna.

We waited. And waited. And I was glad Megan and Sarah were with me, because I needed the company. I was just on the phone calling Pax Lodge to see if they'd heard from her or what the next step should be when this girl with a ton of luggage comes out of security...

It was Edna! A TON OF LUGGAGE!

The first thing she did was call her mom (what a good girl!) and then we took her home to Pax Lodge.

Edna was crazy...she made me laugh hysterically on more than one occasion. She met my parents when they came to visit and nearly knocked my Mom over giving her a hug. She was great. And then she went back to Mexico.

But...she came to visit last summer. We had a super time eating sushi, visiting the rainy Okanagan and hanging out. I figured it might be a while until I next saw her...but no. She's coming for a week in July! YAY!!!

see...I do know how not to complain!

5 comments:

  1. i've discovered boingboing.net

    let the procrastination and work distractions begin.

    also, cbc radio 3 is the best discovery i've made in a while. the music on my computer here was making me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, complaining is good, because it makes room for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, yes, you're right...and ice cream is good. mmmmmm...ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haagen daas cookie dough is the most delicious!


    i'm hungry

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh heh - I like your sister Shanny - she's funny.

    ReplyDelete