Thursday, December 06, 2007

time for a pep talk

I had a very serious discussion with myself last night. I needed a good talking to.

Tonight I will also attempt to finish all of the thank you cards for the wedding. I am sadly behind.

I'd like to press pause on my life please. And then rewind. I need some more time. Lots more time.

I've been mentally packing the house, mentally writing thank you cards and Christmas cards, and mentally Christmas shopping. All the while physically shredding excess paper to bits in preparation for moving or furiously knitting three projects have deadlines. One of them, like a year ago, one next week and one in two weeks. Needless to say, no packing is done, about half of the thank yous are written, none of the Christmas cards are done and don't even get me started on Christmas presents. I haven't baked a single cookie. The tree and ornaments are still hidden away in the scary basement.

I had visions of this December being much more relaxed and organized than last December...partly for obvious reasons and partly because I was going to have ALL of my cards done and in the mail by December 1. And most of of my shopping done.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment