Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year

It is a pretty amazing time of year...Alex is working today, so I have a few minutes to relax and reflect before his dad comes to get me for Christmas festivities and dinner with Alex's family. I feel a bit guilty that I'll be having a nice family Christmas with Alex's family while Alex talks about traffic...umm...who listens to traffic on Christmas day? (If you do, please let us know!)

We had a quiet morning with some new traditions, some brought from our families...it's nice that we share some things, like when we were kids we almost always got new pjs for Christmas.

My family called from k-town and while I will miss being there with all the Stewart gang, I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. This is the third Christmas I've been away from my family and only the fifth that I haven't spent in k-town, but I'm okay with it. As Mama told me yesterday, this will just be the first (or third) of many! And as Misko reminded me, they missed 18 Christmases in a row, so one isn't so bad.

As I head off to get ready for some good family time, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I hope you are spending this special day with the important people in your lives. Have fun, laugh lots, be safe, love and be loved...today and always.

Oh yeah, and in case you were wondering (Heddy...) I couldn't sleep last night because I was excited, so obviously the issues I had feeling Christmassy earlier are long gone!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment